By Steve Klass, Executive Director, P3 Utah
In the last decade, Petzl philanthropic effort has grown to contribute to global sustainability in three key areas:
- accident prevention and risk management training
- preservation of the environment
- scientific research.
The Petzl Foundation is a great example of how triple bottom line “conscious” companies develop service foci that effectively leverage the core productive and intellectual assets of their commercial enterprise. The employees of these companies ‘serve from their soul.’
Examples of Foundation projects in the U.S. include:
- Protect Utah’s redrock desert canyons – Conservation of the environment
- Ensure access to Red River Gorge climbing site, Kentucky- Conservation of the environment
- Lessons learned from near-miss accidents- Accident prevention
- Adaptive climbing with Paradox Sports- Accident prevention
Check out all Petzl Foundation-related videos
Meet local Petzl North America staff April 23 for greater insight into Petzl philanthropic work.
Petzl North America Headquarters Tour
April 23, 2015 2 – 3:30 p.m.
2929 Decker Lake Drive, West Valley City, UT 84119
RIght off Trax!